Hi, my name’s Vishal and I’m senior at BML Munjal University. I have experience in Machine Learning, Problem Solving, Algorithms, Data Analytics, etc. I have worked at a number of companies gaining teamwork and leadership skills.
I have worked with a range of different languages and frameworks and I am always looking for opportunities to work with something new. The things that I currently have the most experience working with are: Python , C++ , Java , git , Docker.
I am looking for opportunities that allow me to apply Computational Thinking and Algorithmic problem solving skills to help solve problems that make impact on a big scale and further enhance my knowledge.
Deep Learning Intern
May 2019 - July 2019
- Here, I worked as a deep learning engineer and my project was to build Deep Learning models which can enable Autonomous Drones.
- I learnt Reinforcement Learning and worked on Reinforcement Learning model which could fly Drones in simulations.
- I also worked on implementation of state of the art deep learning research papers for localization of Drones.
Balnc Care Ltd.balnccare.com
Machine Learning Intern
Feb 2019 - Apr 2019
- Here, I worked on a Machine Learning model of Pose Estimation and prediction of future poses.
BML Munjal University
BTech Computer Science
2017 - 2021
- During my time at BMU I learnt most of my key skills such as team work, project management and clearing strict deadlines.
- Although we mainly focused on software development and the principles of programming I use a lot of these skills to my advantage in my day to day work.
- I thouroughly enjoyed my time as university and learnt a lot about a healthy work life balance.
- I spent a lot of my free time as a committee member of the ACM Student Chapter taking on roles such as Executive Member and Event Organiser.
Homomorphic Encryption for Training Nueral Networks
- This project was part of Cryptography Course at university
- Trained a Neural Network on Encrypted Data
- Used Somewhat Homomorphic Encryption system proposed by Zhou and Wornell.
Assistant for Researchers
- This tool helps researchers to find research papers on topic which they are working on.
- The researcher provides a link to a sample research paper (pdf) and then this tool parse the text from pdf to create a query which is used to crawl the internet.
- This tool uses focused crawling which helped reduce search time and improved efficiency.
- As this tool crawls the internet to search for research papers so it can only find openly accessible research papers.
- Implemented using Python and its libraries like BeautifulSoup , NLTK , request , PyPDF.
QBox, QMoney and QCharmhttps://criodo.github.io/Crio-Launch-Feb-2020-makeavish786
Worked on backend of these tools
- As a part of Crio Launch program I worked on backend of these applications.
- QBox: QBox is a secure file-sharing service. It is a customized version of the popularly available VSFTPD server.
- QMoney: QMoney is a visual stock portfolio analyzer. It helps portfolio managers make trade recommendations for their clients.
- QCharm: QCharm is an online IDE. Programmers use QCharm to write source code and execute it inside the editor.
- While working on these projects I acquired various skills like Shell Scriptins, REST API, Code Refactoring, Applied DS, etc.
- More details of the project can be found in the portfolio issued by Crio.do.
Food Detection with labeled bounding boxes
- Completed this project as part of hiring task given by a company.
- This model was able to identify 100 different food items of UEC food dataset.
- I used Yolov2 with 24 CNN layers.
Movie Review Classification
- I worked on this project while I was learning RNN and LSTM.
- It is a review classification model built using LSTM layers in RNN using PyTorch.
- This model was able to achieve 83% accuracy for review classification.
Study and Prediction of share prices
- I did this project as a part of probability and stats course.
- I used various Python libraries like NumPy , Matplotlib , Pandas.
- For prediction I used Monte Carlo Simulations over Geometric Brownian Motion formula used for share prices.
A Cargo Drone for Medical Emergencies.
- ADrOnest was built from aluminium scrap with the objective to carry First Aid Kit in case for emergency.
- Payload capacity of ADrOne was 500gm. We manufactured two versions of the ADrOne.
- Initial version was made of Scrap Plywood and final version was made of aluminium scrap and Ionised aluminium.
- This team project was a part of Joy of Engineer Course.
A Little More About Me
- Won College SIH Hackathon and Qualified for SIH Finals
- Qualified for Crio Launch program (Among top 300/10000)
- ACM ICPC Kanpur Regional Round(37/106)
- ACM ICPC Qualifier Round(179/4401)
- Alibaba Tianchi NLP Hackathon(1/40)
Alongside my interests in networks and software engineering some of my other interests and hobbies are:
- Reading books (Non-Fiction) and Listening Podcasts
- Recently started writing on my blog
- Networking with Professions and People
- Playing Basketball and Badminton